Travelling to Maldives:
Before travelling, we advice all passengers to obtain comprehensive COVID-19 insurance which will cover all overseas medical costs, including medical evacuation, repatriation of remains and legal costs. Please be mindful to check any exclusions and, in particular, that your policy covers you for the activities you want to undertake.
- Tourists arriving at the Velana International Airport will be provided 30 days on arrival Tourist Visa at the airport. Tourists are not subjected to any quarantine measures upon entering to the Maldives. However, tourists must have hotel reservation confirmation to stay from a certified tourist facility in the Maldives.
- Effective from 13th March 2022, PCR is no longer required to enter Maldives. However, all arriving and departing passengers via airports and seaports are required to complete the Traveler Health Declaration form within 48 hours to the flight time.
- Expatriates traveling to the Maldives shall hold a valid visa issued by Maldives Immigration.
- All arrival passengers should complete the online Health Declaration form before arrival. (But not exceed 24hours before arrival time.)
- All arrival passengers at Velana International Airport should report the Immigration counter if they have a fever, runny nose, cough, or breathing difficulties or report directly to the International Border Health Counter at the airport.
- If a passenger develops any of COVID-19 symptoms or exposure to COVID -19 on arrival to the Maldives, he/she will need to undergo a PCR test. If you are travelling in a group, all members of the group must undergo testing.
- All arrival passengers are required to wear facemask following applicable health guidelines. It is highly recommended for passengers always to have an extra mask when they travel.
- All arrival passengers must follow and cooperate with the measures taken in the airport, such as maintaining physical distancing.
- All the departure passengers must have the full health requirements for the country they are traveling. Departure passengers must carry the required test result with them when they are arriving at the departure Check-In Counter.
- Please be informed that infants aged less than one-year-old are exempted from the aforementioned testing requirement.
- All departure passengers must complete the online Health Declaration form, and this must be filled before the time of departure (But not exceed 24hours before arrival time.)
- As per border health and aviation procedure, passengers having fever, cough, or shortness of breath or a history of contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID 19 within the past 14 days are advised not to travel to the Maldives or present themselves at VIA.
- All the passengers are required to wear facemask all the time following applicable health guidelines. It is highly recommended that passengers take an extra mask when they travel.
- Passengers must follow and cooperate with the preventive measures taken at the airport, such as maintain physical distancing.
- Entry regulations and COVID-19 restrictions may change at short notice, you are strongly encouraged to monitor official government sources. See the links below for further information:
- Maldives Immigration
- Maldives Ministry of Tourism
- Maldives Ministry of Health